UPDATE: This release has been superseded by Script Debugger 5.0.3.
We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 5.0.2. Script Debugger 5.0.2 is a free maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 5.0. This maintenance release focuses on improving stability and performance when opening longer scripts.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
Bugs closed in the 5.0.2 release:
- 17584 Resolved a crash that can occur when closing a paused document with leaked resources (e.g. unclosed files opened with the ‘open for access’ command).
- 17570 The Recompile command is once again operational.
- 17565 Corrected a problem where Script Debugger would not quit if the top window is an Event Log window.
- 17489 Resolved a problem where Script Debugger would crash opening multiple document tabs on 10.6.4 systems.
- 17548 Resolved a crash that happens when the event log window is opened, closed, reopened and then closed while the document remains open.
- 17528 Script Debugger reopens scripts in their tabs rather than in separate windows following a crash.
- 17521 Corrected a problem where text selections may not be drawn properly following a Replace All operation.
- 17512 Resolved a problem where Script Debugger may report a parameter error (-50) when a script stops on 10.6.4 systems.
- 17517 Improve the presentation when confirming document saving while closing a window with multiple dirty tabs.
- 17487 Libraries added from the Application Support folder now default to ‘Relative To Application Support’.
- 17480 Resolved a problem where Script Debugger crashes when launched on 10.6.4 systems.
- 17505, 17543, 15974 Resolved a series of memory related bugs that may improve overall stability.
- 17494 Improved performance when opening and compiling longer scripts.